Which events and incidents do you need to report?
Once you’re registered with us, you need to notify us of certain events and incidents by submitting the appropriate online form. Event notifications are simple forms that don’t require a legal declaration. It’s quite usual for administrative staff to submit them.
The events and incidents that you need to report to us include, but are not limited to:
- events that stop your services running safely and properly.
- incidents reported to, or investigated by, the police.
- serious injury to a person using your services.
- death of a person using your services.
- abuse, or allegations of abuse, of a person using your services.
You can find links to the appropriate notification forms in the Events and incidents area of the Portal.
What do you want to know?
- What's a provider?
- What's a regulated activity?
- What's a location?
- What are the essential standards?
- What's a registered manager?
- What's a nominated individual?
- What are the regulations?
- What’s a condition of registration?
- What's a statutory notification?
- What's an address for service?
- Which events and incidents do you need to report?
- What's a statement of purpose?
- What’s a CQC-DBS number?