What’s a condition of registration?
We apply some conditions to your registration routinely (e.g. the location(s) where a regulated activity is provided or managed).
We may also use ‘non-routine’ conditions if your ability to carry on the regulated activity is limited in some way (e.g. you will not perform surgery on children under the age of three, or your location will only accommodate 40 people).
You can apply to change (‘vary’) or remove a condition if your circumstances change.
Read the full guidance
What do you want to know?
- What's a provider?
- What's a regulated activity?
- What's a location?
- What are the essential standards?
- What's a registered manager?
- What's a nominated individual?
- What are the regulations?
- What’s a condition of registration?
- What's a statutory notification?
- What's an address for service?
- Which events and incidents do you need to report?
- What's a statement of purpose?
- What’s a CQC-DBS number?