Contact us or report a concern

You can use the contact details on this page to contact us about general queries regarding the CQC Provider Portal, the Care Quality Commission or to raise concerns about a care service you work for.

General enquiries

You can contact us at our England-based National Customer Service Centre:

Telephone: 03000 616161

Fax: 03000 616171

Or write to us:

CQC National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle upon  Tyne

Or you can use our online contact form to send a query to the Care Quality Commission.

Go to our online form on the main Care Quality Commission website.

Report a concern if you work for a health or social care provider

You can contact us if you want to raise a concern about the health or social care service you work for (sometimes called 'whistleblowing').


The information you give us will be dealt with in confidence, and you can raise concerns anonymously. Before contacting us, you may want to:

  • speak to your line manager or a senior member of staff about your concerns.
  • read your employer's whistleblowing policy which will give you information on what to do next.

If you feel like you can't talk to someone in your organisation, read our quick guide to whistleblowing or guidance for workers which give helpful advice on speaking out about poor care and what protection you will have from the law.

Read our guide to raising concerns with the CQC.

We have also produced a document explaining to providers of services why they should have a whistleblowing policy and the benefits of encouraging workers to raise concerns.

Read our guidance for providers on whistleblowing.